Hullabaloo Stories Design Blog
Welcome to Hullabaloo Stories! Create your own family stories with memorable books, projects, printables and more.
We are so excited to announce our two winners…our kids wanted to help in the process of picking the winners…so we wrote everyone’s names on a piece of cardstock and then put them in a basket for each of the kids to pick one…
Ainsleigh chose Tyra…congratulations Tyra, you will be receiving a copy of Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
Now for our second winner, chosen by Nolan…congratulations Kathi, you will also be receiving a copy of Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
Thank you everyone for sharing our blog this past week and celebrating Read Across America and Dr. Seuss’ birthday with us.
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
We had such a fun day today. This morning, I took my daughter to a friend’s Kindergarten class to deliver a set of laminated Dr. Seuss bookmarks for each of her students to celebrate Read Across America week. We stayed for about an hour and read two books (There’s a Wocket in My Pocket! and Fox in Socks). We also worked on two rhyming worksheets and visited with all the kids in the class.
Our daughter was so excited about getting to go to "big kids" school she didn’t want to leave when it came time to go. The bookmarks thrilled the students and they had such a fun day. I think the poster all my teachers had in their rooms must be true “All I really need to know, I learned in Kindergarten”, because Kindergarten is so cool.
When we got home, we read a few more books with our son so he could share in the awesomeness that is Dr. Seuss.
Hullabaloo Stories is celebrating Read Across America as well, with a week long set of posts that focus on children’s books, literacy strategies and some free printables. We will culminate the week with a fun give away.
This coming Friday (March 2, 2012) is Read Across America day, sponsored by the National Education Association This day not only celebrates reading but the birthday of Theodore S. Geisel (aka Dr. Suess). Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries, and community centers participate by bringing together kids, teens, and books, and you can too!
Check out tons of great activities, printables and lesson plan ideas here on Suessville
and for now…take a moment to read a book to your child…let us know in the comments below, what is your favorite book to read to your child?
- Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day: A great gift giving opportunity
- A Day of remembrance for the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting
- Last Day for Holiday Orders is November 30
- Get Your Free Thanksgiving Lunch Box Printable Love Notes at Windy Pinwheel
- Get Your Free Halloween Lunch Box Printable Love Notes at Windy Pinwheel
- fthina karabia: Fine way of explaining, and good post to take information on...
- Πακέτο διακοπών για Ρώμη: Heey just wanted tto give you a quick heads up. The text in...
- Επιβατηγά πλοία: Great site you have got here.. It's hawrd too find good qual...
- nex.tf: Thanks for the good writeup. It in truth was once a enjoymen...
- Κέρκυρα Ανκόνα: Heeya i'm for the first tijme here. I found this board and ...
Welcome to Hullabaloo Stories - Custom Stories for your Family. I am happy that you were able to find our Web site. Please take a look around.
Feel free to contact us.
Agree to Terms and Policies