- Step 1: Gather your favorite photos.
- Step 2: Customize a storyline & choose book type.
- Step 3: Send us your photos.
We will send you a proof within 10 days of receiving your photos. Most books take a maximum of three weeks to complete.
- How long does it take to make my book?
- How many pictures do I need?
At least 11, 12-20 preferably.
- What is the maximum number of photos?
If there are more than 1-3 photos on a page it can look very cluttered. If you would like multiple photos on a page, please contact us so we can discuss the total amount of photos.
- When do I send the photos to Hullabaloo Stories?
After completing your purchase we, at Hullabaloo Stories, will supply you with a link via e-mail, where you can upload your photos. Please save this link, in case you need to upload more photos later on (just in case). To ensure that you receive this important message, please add email@example.com to your e-mail address book.
- What size photos do I need?
You will need to send us full size photos. If you have taken photos from a digital camera (point & shoot or DSLR) that size will be perfect. If you have scanned photos make sure they are hi-resolution (at least 300 dpi). If you have questions about photos, we can always have you send one to us and we can check it before we finish your book.
- How are your images printed?
Our images are all printed on high quality photo paper or transfer paper. We will e-mail a proof of your book for your approval before your book is printed.
- How many pages are in each book?
All books are 12 pages total. There are 10 interior pages, a cover page and a back cover page.
- You do the layouts, right?
Absolutely, this is the best part of the book making process for us. We love creating a story for you and your family to enjoy.
- Can I suggest my own storyline?
Yes. You can submit your own storyline using our Contact Us page (please use the selection “Order Inquiry” and reference the last name of the person the order is under in your message). Or you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As always we can work with you to customize a storyline that works for you, whether we give you a head start or you supply the entire story.
- I would like to buy a book for a relative/friend, but I don’t have any pictures. Can I buy a gift certificate?
Yes. We have the option of a gift certificate now available. Please visit our gift certificates page to add a gift certificate to your shopping cart.
- How does the gift certificate process work?
First, you would need to complete your purchase. During your purchase you will have the opportunity to name the person you plan on giving the gift certificate to. We need this information to verify the gift certificate recipient at the time when they choose to redeem the gift certificate. The gift certificate recipient would contact us by using the form on the contact us page or e-mailing us at email@example.com indicating their intention to redeem the gift certificate. We will then reply with instructions and a link to upload pictures so that we can begin the process of creating the custom book.
- Can you ship internationally?
- What other types of custom Hullabaloo Stories products are available?
There are several other types of books we can make for you — coloring books and photo albums, etc. Please contact us for a quote and idea you might have for your next Hullabaloo Stories book.
- I would like to give Hullabaloo Stories permission to use images of my custom book after it is completed to help spread the word about Hullabaloo Stories; how do I do that?
Since we are a small store, we would like your permission to use images of the completed product on our Web site, design blog and Facebook Fan Page. Please give us permission to use these images, under “Ordering Instructions” in your shopping cart by stating that you give us your permission. You can also use our contact us page or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not use any images beyond these three places unless you give us your explicit consent to do so.
- How much is sales tax and shipping?
Sales tax is only applicable in the state of Virginia. If you live in Virginia, you will pay a sales tax of 5%.
Due to the nature of creating each book we understand that there a period of time between when you place your order and when the book is shipped. We work with you throughout the process to make sure that it is as efficient as possible. Once the book is complete there are three shipping methods.
The shipping rates are as follows:
- Ground: $7.00
- 2nd Day: $10.00
- Next Day: $15.00
- How are they attached?
Images for board books are attached using a laminating machine that puts an adhesive backing on it.
- Can the photos peel off?
Well our daughter is pretty adventurous so she has been known to tear up many books, but the books we have made for her have really held up compared to the books we buy her at the store.
- What sizes are available?
You can purchase a 5×5 inch or 8×8 inch board book.